National Pool Lifeguard Course
Our 2015 National Pool Lifeguard Course is back and offers more value than ever before. During the course, run over 3 consecutive weekends (Saturday & Sunday) you will learn all the necessary techniques to become a professional pool side lifeguard; first aid, dealing with broken bones, scolds and respiratory issues among other core skills. The course also includes a AED Training course (Automated External Defibrillation), therefore, you will not only be a qualified Lifeguard you will also be trained in defibrillation.
The cost of the course is just £240 for all of the above and will take place from the 7th March 2015.
Booking is essential as places are limited!.
To book call 01834 869900 ex 560 or for further information.
What is the RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
The RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is the most awarded lifeguard qualification in the United Kingdom and Ireland that complies with the industry guidance.
The NPLQ is a recruitment requirement for a number of jobs from Pool Lifeguard to Centre Manager. On successful completion of the course you will be fully qualified to work as a Pool Lifeguard. The RLSS UK NPLQ is not just a qualification it can be a stepping stone into a career within the leisure industry.
The NPLQ course duration is 36 hours and we also offer Automated External Defibrillation qualification which is included. The course comprises of physical training and theory work, followed by a practical in-water and out-of-water assessment on pool rescue, first aid, CPR and lifesaving skills which are all taught throughout the duration.
The NPLQ qualification is internationally recognised and is valid for 2 years from the date of issue. Lifeguards can renew their qualification prior to the expiry of their existing award. All applicants must be 16 years of age at the time of taking the NPLQ assessment.
Reasons why we think you’d love it…
- First and foremost you are providing an amazing public service. You will without a doubt make people feel confident, happier and safer just by being on the poolside and you could potentially save a life.
- Being a lifeguard offers a fantastic foundation to a career in the leisure industry. Many senior managers began their rise to leisure stardom by lifeguarding at their local pools.
- The opportunity to get fit. Not only will you have to have a basic level of fitness to become a lifeguard but you will be encouraged to stay fit and get fitter. Many pools will give their lifeguards discounted or even free memberships.
- You get to work with a team of like minded people, so there’s plenty of opportunity to increase your social circle!
- The hours are flexible and perfect for those of you who need to fit studying into your busy days.
- If you’re a competitive type there is plenty of opportunity to show off your lifeguarding talents in annual events such as the National Pool Lifeguard Championships (team event) and the Lifeguard Triathlon.
- If you find you really enjoy lifeguarding you can take it up as a competitive sport and compete regularly for your local club.
- Lastly but still very importantly, you will gain a life skill that will come in handy for the rest of your life that could lead to enhanced career progression and a stepping stone to the National Pool Management Qualification (NPMQ).